Manufacturing Process for crankshaft's:
For Custom Billet Crankshaft Orders Click the order link below.
1. The 1st process is to shape the Crankshaft on the lathe
This process shaves the journals leaving a margin of finishing.
2. The next process is to mill the pin
This process shaves the weight part coarsely, and shaves the pins leaving a margin of finishing.
3. The next process is to mill the weight
In order to make it the form of a crank shaft, the outside portion of weight and superfluous portion are shaved.
4. Next is the Conditioning quality & shot peening
Internal stress is removed, the structure is stabilized and hardness is set to HRC 28-32.
5. The next process is the 2nd process to shape on the lathe
This process shaves the journals leaving a margin of polishing.
6. The 2nd process to mill the pin
This process shaves the pins leaving a margin of polishing
7. The oil hole, the key slot, and the bolt hole processing
This process makes the oil holes, the key slots, the pulley bolt holes, and the flywheel bolt holes.
8. Next up is the pin and the journal polishing process
This process polishes the journals and the crank pins.
9. The dynamic balance adjustment process
In order to suppress oscillating of a crank as much as possible, the balance of a crank simple substance is measured and balance processing is performed.
10. The pin and the journal wrapping process
This process is to improve the degree of true circle and surface roughness in order to gain smooth rotation and reduction of friction.
11. The surface treatment process
Surface strength, durability of friction, and fatigue strength of the surface is improved. The surface becomes black by the surface treatment.
This is an effect that helps early fitting.)
12. The final wrapping, bend correction, and inspection process
After the last wrapping, the bend which causes vibration is corrected. It is inspected after bend correction.